Quantity Surveying & Estimating
Financial Control of Construction Work
If so, I may be able to help. I am a Derbyshire based Senior Quantity Surveyor and provide the industry with construction financial management assistance. I started my working life as a Quantity Surveyor with housebuilder George Wimpey PLC for those who can remember. For many many years I also owned my own construction business. My experience is broad with engineering, managerial and financial expertise.
- Are you a building owner, developer, builder, architect, quantity surveyor, subcontractor or home owner?
- Would you like a quick estimate, approximate estimate or detailed costing of your proposed constructions?
- What about a Bill of Quantities and obtaining more competitive estimates from suppliers?
- Have you a schedule of resources?
- Do you need someone to resource, plan and monitor your projects?
- Do you need financial control over your construction projects?
- Would you like final accounts, variations and claims sorting?
- Are you in a construction dispute?
- Would you like your property development financially appraising?
- Is your construction business struggling financially?
- Are you losing control of your business?
Stephen Hodgson BSc, MRICS
Senior Quantity Surveyor
LATEST – We have new ESTIMATING SOFTWAREIdeal for extensions, housing and new builds, builders quotes and homeowner price comparison.Prices depend of complexity of the job and how much manual calculated estimating is required.
Otherwise the estimate is created using regularly updated standard preloaded library items.
Standard extensions estimates from £150 Internal alterations from £150If required, obtaining bespoke supplier quotations, site visits, meetings charged at an hourly rate.Guide lump sum only prices given Free of Charge.
Resource lists are included.
FREE – Excel spreadsheet estimate template
Completely free, highly versatile, will save you a lot of time creating. Estimating template I developed over time that can breakdown labour, plant and materials, has error warnings and you can print direct into a quote format from the sheet into PDF. Used this for many years. If you want one complete the contact sheet.
- Bills of Quantities
- Builders quantities
- Tender analysis
- Valuations and final accounts
- Pricing variations
- Subcontract and materials buying
- Claim, dispute, delay and disruption reports and assessments
- Expert witness reports
- NEC, RIBA & JCT contract administration
- Builders quotations for housing, extension, refurbishment and remedial work.
- Tailored estimates using software
- BCIS Building Cost Information Service
- Development appraisals
- Cost planning
- Resource schedules
- Project planning & programming
- Loan application appraisals
- Business financial management
- Balance sheet, bookkeeping and profit and loss accounting
- Selling price and margin assessment
- Financial reporting